Dematic is a leading supplier of integrated automated technology, software and services to optimize the supply chain. Dematic employs over 9,000 skilled logistics professionals to serve its customers globally, with engineering centers and manufacturing facilities located around the world. Dematic is one brand under the KION Group of companies and has implemented more than 6,000 integrated systems for a customer base that includes small, medium and large companies doing business in a variety of market sectors.
Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, Dematic is a member of KION Group, a global leader in industrial trucks, related services and supply chain solutions. Across more than 100 countries worldwide, the KION Group designs, builds and supports logistics solutions that optimize material and information flow within factories, warehouses and distribution centers. The company is the largest manufacturer of industrial trucks in Europe, the second-largest producer of forklifts globally and a leading provider of warehouse automation.
The Global R&D Software Organization within Dematic is responsible for delivering standard software products to support a wide range of conveyor and sortation solutions, warehouse automation, and distribution operations. Dematic has distributed development teams across multiple locations in Germany and the US, as well as Waterloo.
This is an exciting opportunity to join our Centre of Excellence for Dematic Virtual Facility development team in Waterloo. We are building a software platform that is used both internally and externally by Dematic to virtually substantiate the physical warehouses. You will have hands-on responsibility for helping define the services and functionality to allow our platform customers to deliver the ultimate experience within their applications.
You will have the opportunity to work with bright minds to create applications to meet our customer needs. You will be hands on in all aspects of the development cycle and will get to see directly how your efforts directly influences the customer’s experience.
You must have a passion for understanding customers, coming up with innovative ideas, and working collaboratively with other talented people to turn those ideas into products.
▪ Design and implement new features to support wide range of customer requirements
▪ Contribute to the team with hands-on: writing, reviewing and testing of code
▪ Troubleshooting customer problems and provide solutions in a timely fashion
▪ Develop a performant, scalable, secure solution allowing for easy application development
▪ Generate and/or review test requirements
▪ Identify methods to automate software verification
▪ Write test cases within automated test framework for all development
▪ Work within an Agile/Scrum environment to plan and deliver incremental software in defined sprints
▪ Build strong partnerships with software developers, product managers and customer support
▪ Help the team however you can to meet its commitments
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
▪ Strong focus on delivering high quality software
▪ Experience with a gaming engine such as Unity3D a big asset
▪ Object-oriented programming experience, particularly Java or C#
▪ Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with a high attention to detail
▪ Exceptional ability to work with cross-functional teams to build partnerships and get things done
▪ An understanding of agile software development and testing principles and practices
▪ Learn and apply new tools, technologies, and industry best practices
▪ Willingness to travel 5% - 10%
▪ A good sense of humor and an ability to have fun!