Dematic is a leading supplier of integrated automated technology, software and services to optimize the supply chain. Dematic employs over 7,000 skilled logistics professionals to serve its customers globally, with engineering centers and manufacturing facilities located around the world. Dematic is one brand under the KION Group of companies and has implemented more than 6,000 integrated systems for a customer base that includes small, medium and large companies doing business in a variety of market sectors.
Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, Dematic is a member of KION Group, a global leader in industrial trucks, related services and supply chain solutions. Across more than 100 countries worldwide, the KION Group designs, builds and supports logistics solutions that optimize material and information flow within factories, warehouses and distribution centers. The company is the largest manufacturer of industrial trucks in Europe, the second-largest producer of forklifts globally and a leading provider of warehouse automation.
To drive consistency in the delivery and approach to solution application and data management, through direct customer contact (at a senior level) and supporting the global sales teams during the full life cycle of project bids.
Standardising the methods and approach for analysing and presenting customer’s business information and converting into design criteria.
Working as part of the team within Global mix case solution team and the wider GCO organization.
• Support and continually contribute to improving the global mix case solution teams standardized approach to the methodology and practices for the detailed analysis of all customers' business information.
• Oversees the development of proposal documents in-line with agreed standards.
• Deploys ‘MOST’ calculations for staffing models for defining the manning forecasts for customers staffing requirements for our developed solutions.
• Develops ROI calculations and presentation requirements for projects.
• Production of (based on the agreed standardized approach) detailed material flow diagrams and equipment flow diagrams.
• Supporting Pre-sales activities with business development as required to contribute to a continued healthy pipeline of new opportunities.
• Weekly status reports on projects in regard to data analysis activities.
• Participates in the Bid/No Bid process for projects.
• Supports face to face customer meetings to gain better understanding of customers businesses, and presentation of our solutions and capabilities.
• The interface between the regional sales teams and the global mix case solution team for each project assigned. Often working on multiple projects at the same time.
• Collects data that accurately represents customer requirements (design criteria, flow charts, etc.).
• Accurately, clearly and concisely displays design requirements in-line with set defined standards.
• Uses written descriptions, Dematic Concepting Engine, spreadsheets, charts, and material flow diagrams skillfully.
• Stay abreast of current / future operating strategies and technologies by attending industry conferences, seminars, etc.
• Thorough understanding of material handling technology, including software.
• Contributes to the development of a wide range of standardized and tested concepts that meet or exceed the design criteria. Concepts may range from manual to fully automated solutions.
• Provides all required data inputs for detailed simulation modelling.
• To facilitate concept understanding, uses drawings and sketches skillfully.
• Evaluates concepts and recommends the best solution. Skilled in using evaluation techniques ranging from simple "pro and con" comparisons to sophisticated Return on Investment (ROI) calculations.
• Produces a Design Report in-line with agreed standards that professionally summarizes the project.
• At all times present the company to customers in line with the company image.
Knowledge & Experience Required
Degree/HND or equivalent qualification in Maths, Science or Engineering discipline or equivalent by experience.
• 3 years minimum experience of working in operational supply chain roles, with deep knowledge of distribution centre operations. With demonstratable business analytics experience.
• Innovative and creative thinking, as evidenced in individual work,
• Experience of project work and deployment of automated solutions within the materials handling industry.
• High degree of proficiency in MS Office Suite (Access, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint).
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Able to multi-task and work in a high-growth, fast-paced and deadline driven environments successfully.
• Fluent business English. Second European language desirable.