Dematic is a leading supplier of integrated automated technology, software and services to optimize the supply chain. Dematic employs over 8,000 skilled logistics professionals to serve its customers globally, with engineering centers and manufacturing facilities located around the world. Dematic is one brand under the KION Group of companies and has implemented more than 6,000 integrated systems for a customer base that includes small, medium and large companies doing business in a variety of market sectors.
Dematic is a member of KION Group, a global leader in industrial trucks, related services, and supply chain solutions. Across more than 100 countries worldwide, the KION Group designs, builds and supports logistics solutions that optimize material and information flow within factories, warehouses and distribution centers. The company is the largest manufacturer of industrial trucks in Europe, the second-largest producer of forklifts globally, and a leading provider of warehouse automation.
We are currently looking for a software engineer to help our team with day-to-day service tasks. In this role you will be responsible for 2nd line support to our customers. Most work will be done from our offices in Zwijndrecht, supporting our customers remotely by phone and remote desktop connection, but on-site assignments, nation and international, are also possible, to about 25% of the time. You will act as a communication channel between 1st line support, the customer, and the 3rd level support (software project engineers).
- 2nd line support to our customers
- Coordinating incoming service tasks
- Troubleshoot C# code, identify bugs and prepare software patches
- Pro-active maintenance of the current installations
- Development of change requests
- Perform software upgrades
- Help the customers with server and database upgrades
- Analyze problems
- Investigate performance issues
- Deliver detailed reports of each intervention
- Add to our knowledge base
- Be part of the 24/7 support team
- Interact with the other service teams in Dematic
First of all we are looking for a real team player with a positive mindset and good communication skills. You will not let go of a problem until you have gone to the core of it. You are customer minded. You are flexible to work outside of office hours and to work abroad for short periods of time.
- Bachelor or master in ICT, Electromechanics, Automation or related disciplines
- Experience in software development using the following technologies:
o Microsoft SQL Server
o Microsoft Windows Server
o TFS and/or Git
o Java, JEE and Oracle knowledge is a bonus
o C++ is a bonus
- Basic IT administration knowledge such as user management, remote desktop connection, event viewer, …
- Hands-on experience in software lifecycle management
o Server and database installation
- Experience with 2nd or 3rd line support
- Knowledge about warehouses and intra-logistics is a bonus
- Driver's license
- Language skills